Saturday, September 1, 2007

Sunday Hangover...

Posting the Sunday Hangover early this week as I am currently at my Fantasy Football Draft. If you're curious my keepers are:

Larry Johnson, RB Penn State
Joseph Addai, RB LSU
Marvin Harrison, WR Syracuse
Phillip Rivers, QB NC State

Wish me luck adding to this corps. Okay onto my thoughts on as many of Saturday games as possible:

Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32- Sixth Thought: Appy State got $400,000 to travel to Ann Arbor (that whore) for this game. Thanks guys lets do that again. No?

East Carolina 7, Virginia Tech 17- An emotional day in Blacksburg obviously. The emotion made the Hokies a little tight in the first half. I had a feeling it would.

Western Kentucky 3, Florida 49- Couldn't Florida wait until WKU joined the Sun Belt before practicing on them.

Georgia Tech 33, Notre Dame 3- Quarterback by Committee...Brilliant! Tashard Choice had a huge game (196yds 2TDs) as I predicted

Tennessee 31, California 45- A very fun game to watch with all that speed on one field. Yes I'll have DeSean Jackson's punt return as soon as it hits YouTube.

Western Michigan 24, West Virginia 62- Western Michigan, you're no Eastern Washington.

Oklahoma State 14, Georgia 35- A surprise how lopsided this one was. I'll learn not to understimate Georgia early out of conference again.

Troy 26, Arkansas 46- Houston Nutt is just happy the season has finally started.

Youngstown State 6, Ohio State 38- The sweater vest beats his old school.

Florida International 0, Penn State 59- FIU needs to rethink having a football program, I mean really.

Washington State 21, Wisconsin 42- Strong showing from Tyler Donovan keeps the hype machine going.

Arkansas State 13, Texas 21- Arkansas State statistically won this game. This would've been a bigger upset than Appy State over Michigan.

North Texas 10, Oklahoma 79 In case you thought the Sun Belt was catching up to the rest of Division I (Football Bowl Subdivision).

Nevada 10, Nebraska 52 Sam Keller is very impressive against a Nevada team I thought was better than this.

Wake Forest 28, Boston College 38- Jeff Jagodzinksi takes a big step towards an ACC Atlantic Championship already.

Western Carolina 6, Alabama 52- Nick Saban trounces a school I didn't know existed for his first win in Tuscaloosa.

UCLA 45, Stanford 17- Karl Dorrell gets a conference win early in a game they were supposed to win by this much.

No comments: