Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Welcome to Mr. Prime Rib of Pageantry!

The Pride and The Pageantry is now Mr. Prime Rib of Pageantry!

The truth is I was never really married to the name "The Pride and The Pageantry", it was a little too poetic for what I was really looking to do with this blog. Which is cover college football in an irreverent fashion. Yet, for the first year, I did exactly the opposite. I broke down stats and rankings and picked games and did a lot of stuff that a lot of other people do better. What I have is a sarcastic wit and I think this name better reflects it. So where does it come from?

Zoolander, the ill-timed comedy that had at least six laugh out loud moments and is an enjoyable rainy day movie whenever its on. When Derek Zoolander receives thanks from the Prime Minister of Malayasia, he acknowledges him as "Mr. Prime Rib of Propecia". Substitute Propecia with the often used word to describe all intangible things college football, Pageantry, and you have the new title...Mr. Prime Rib of Pageantry.

With the name change comes an easier to use URL. No pausing to see if a comes before e or vice versa, because the word Pageantry isn't in the URL at all. It is simply http://mrprimerib.blogspot.com

Also URL's show up on your address or location bar alphabetically. So visitors to Mr. Prime Rib of Pageantry will be reminded of the new address briefly before checking their Myspace. I know, devious.

Anyway I hope you enjoy Mr. Prime Rib of Pageantry as much if not more so than The Pride and The Pageantry as I aspire to covering college football with my tint of sarcasm, year round.

No comments: